Oh my goodness!! Getting nominated by a fellow blogger for the Liebster Award, makes me want to go on a blogging spree and write for hours on end! If only i had the time… Thank you so much from Mental Health @ Home for the nomination! I love reading the different topics you associate with depression and the daily struggles that come with it. It is always an interesting read and you have my full attention with every new post because for me, it is so relateable.
What is the Liebster Award?
Previously stated in the blog mentioned above, “the Liebster Award is a recognition award from one blogger to another. The word Liebster means “dearest” or “beloved.” Through these awards, we can learn more about our fellow bloggers. This helps us to discover and be discovered.”
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from Mental Health @ Home:
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted to reach out to others who may be going through the same kind of thing I am, but don’t yet have a voice to let others know. I wanted to assure them that they are not alone. I wanted to kill the stigma surrounding mental illness.
- What is your favorite movie? Ouh… to pick just one is tough, but Pretty Woman had always been my go to. Gotta love Julia Roberts.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Back in Colorado, in the highest city in the U.S.
- What is your favorite season? Used to be winter, but as I’m getting older I appreciate fall a little more.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas is my favorite, though the older I get, the more stressful it seems to become. I suppose that’s a personal issue though.
- Dogs or cats? Dogs. 1000%.
- Coffee or tea? I drink both, but more coffee because I’m always feeling exhausted.
- What is your favorite book? It’s funny, but I never really read for the last decade or so. I’m starting to get back into it though, starting with a book called First Love by James Patterson. I feel like I could have wrote the book myself.
- If you were only given one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be? Sushi. Because, sushi is life.
- What is your favorite hobby? Snowboarding when I’ve got the money, writing even when I don’t.
- Who is your favorite band? I love so many bands. It’s really difficult to pick a favorite. I really love A Day To Remember though. (Not their total scream stuff.)
Random facts about me:
- I Have been snowboarding for over a decade.
- I’ve swam with dolphins and also got kissed by one. (Such an awesome experience.)
- I just recently saw Jimmy Eat World in concert for my birthday and they were beyond amazing.
- I love doing laundry.
- Sometimes I cry when listening to music, whether it be happy or sad lyrics.
- I’ve seen over 50 bands in concert. I love concerts. (That number is probably higher but I’m getting lazy trying to count all of them.)
- I’ve been to Germany and although I love Colorado and California as places to eventually live, a part of me wants to go back there permanently.
- I get car sick. All. The. Freaking. Time.
- I attended Christian camp at least five summers when I was younger and loved every second of it. (Shout out Camp Barakel.)
- I like to color. Yes, even as an adult.
- Blogging helps me cope with life.
- End The Stigma
- Young Meets Free
- Starting On Sertraline
- The Ginger Effect
- Bre’s Bits
- Thoughts of the Beloved
- The Good Kinda Crazy
- Aery Amorosity
Questions for the nominees:
- What do you hope to accomplish by blogging?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is your favorite color and how does it make you feel?
- Comfy, Casual or Professional wardrobe?
- What does being nominated for this award mean to you?
- Do you prefer the hot or cold?
- What is one thing you wish to do before you die and why?
- What is your favorite vacation spot and what makes it so great?
- If you had to listen to a song on repeat forever, which one would it be?
- What sport or after school activity was your favorite to participate in?
- If you had to describe yourself using only one word, what would it be?
Thank you so much to Mental Health @ Home for the nomination! Merry Christmas!